Zak the Baker in Wynwood isn’t your average coffee shop that hawks a few pastries. Zak Stern, a multiple nominee for the James Beard Award for Outstanding Baker, has found his way into the hearts and bellies of Miamians. If you go to just about any Whole Foods location in South Florida, you’ll find a variety of Stern’s signature loaves, cookies, and other artisan delights, such as chocolate babka. Plus, his mighty wholesale operation provides many local restaurants with the very best bread for their sandwiches. But nothing compares to consuming baked goods directly from their source, which garnered a Michelin Bib Gourmand designation in 2022.
Platonic Studios / Courtesy of Zak the Baker
- Price: $$
- Hours: Sunday-Friday 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: No Alcohol
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Parking: Metered, On-street
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Walk-up window for ordering/pickup