Once you step inside Dragonfly, the third location for the Gainesville-based ownership group, it's easy to see why the place is packed even at 10 p.m. There's a veritable wonderland of Asian bric-a-brac. A regiment of gilded cats stands guard over the open kitchen, the creatures' unflinching eyes gazing across the space. A vintage pachinko machine sits just before the threshold of the restrooms. Point your attention to a concise list of fish offered as sashimi or nigiri. The kitchen shows off a deft hand with hot fish preparations, which is especially obvious in the shio saba. A plentiful salted mackerel fillet is cooked until juicy, highlighting the assertive, slightly oily flavor.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-10 p.m.; Friday 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., 5-11 p.m.; Saturday 5-11 p.m.; Sunday 12:30-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Reservations: Recommended
- Extra Services: Private Group Dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats