Corsair, celebrity Italian chef Scott Conant's second Miami restaurant, doesn't stray too far from home. It's located in an Aventura resort owned by the same family behind Miami Beach's iconic Fontainebleau, where his place Scarpetta has been a favorite since opening in 2008. It's a bit more relaxed here, but that doesn't mean flip-flops and shorts. Conant's pastas are still precise and coax deep flavors out of only a handful of ingredients. Though his latest effort seeks to pull from regions beyond the boot of Italy, plenty of proteins overlap. But that's not to be held against them, particularly considering flavor options like sweet, briny clams sautéed with house-made chorizo, both settling in a fragrant paprika oil. The only true decision is whether you want a big night with Conant at the Fontainebleau or something more low-key up at Turnberry Isle.
- Price: $$$$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 8 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine, Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Valet, Validation
- Extra Services: Private Group Dining