Many nautically themed seafood restaurants exist, but they usually serve subpar fare. It's almost as if the kitsch is intended to lull patrons into a fall sense of security. Catch of the Day, however, is an exception. Run by people who obviously care about the quality of the food and about having a good time, the restaurant offers stiff drinks, delicious seafood platters, and live entertainment. There's a myriad of choices, including fish, shrimp, crab, conch, lobster, oysters, and on and on. Begin with a bowl of soup, such as a tasty fish version or New England clam chowder. Make your way to one of the more popular entrées, such as the grilled seafood platter, which comes with mariquitas (plantain chips), or the whole Florida lobster, which comes with a side and a salad. If you're a landlubber, don't fret — there are plenty of nonseafaring selections too.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-11 p.m.; Friday-Sunday 11:30 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air tent
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available, Valet
- Extra Services: Private Group Dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup