La Camaronera’s David Garcia now owns this iconic North Miami seafood joint, which dates back to the 1990s. This heir to Miami seafood royalty kept the menu mostly unchanged, allowing Captain Jim’s to do what it does best: Serve the freshest fish possible. Favorites include stone crab claws and a beautiful take on conch salad with meaty hunks of the mollusk tossed in a spicy tomato marinade and cubed red and green peppers. Fresh yellowtail snapper and hogfish can be ordered grilled, blackened, or fried. Regulars go for the “Captain’s Combo”: the catch of the day served with one side.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Use restaurant website to order/pay