Michael Schwartz's Amara at Paraiso is beautifully set on Biscayne Bay. Located in Miami's Edgewater neighborhood, the 4,500-square-foot dining room boasts indoor and outdoor seating, all with a waterfront view. The James Beard Award-winning chef, best known for his Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, calls Amara at Paraiso a "love letter to Miami." But the restaurant offers more than an exceptional location — the food is equally satisfying. The menu includes Latin American-influenced dishes cooked using a wood grill and a Josper charcoal oven. Standouts include crispy octopus with braised yuca and a parrillada of short rib, chorizo, sweet breads, and steak.
Courtesy of the Genuine Hospitality Group
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 5-10 p.m.; Thursday 5-10:30 p.m.; Friday 12-10:30 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Catering
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup