According to wikipedia "The only states in the U.S. where coconut palms can be grown and reproduced outdoors without irrigation are Hawaii and Florida."
Wether you get yours straight off the tree or on a plate at Red Lobster there's plenty of ways to consume one. Here are Short Order's top ten.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Coconut Cookies - heat em' up, eat em' up, if someone steals one beat em' up.
- Ahi, baby shrimp and hamachi ceviche - Cool and refreshing for the summer swelter.
- Coconut Curry Chicken - Spice up your life suckafish, add some scotch bonnet habaneros.
- Coconut Macaroon Pancakes - Breakfast, lunch or dinner, these flapjacks will have you sayin' fuckadenny's, there's nothin like homecooked.
- Coconut Rice - This is how to do what you do when you do what you do.
- Fresh Coconut Cake - Traditions exist for a reason, this one's a surefire hit.
- Chocolate Coconut Smoothie - Is it a drink, a dessert, or a liquid lunch? Who cares, it's good.
- Pain In The Ass - Alcoholic beverage famous in the Keys that takes its name from how bartenders feel about it when they've got a lot of customers. Uses coconut rum and five other ingredients.
- Coconut Shrimp - There are several million ways to do this so we're linking you to a source with a ton of ideas.
- Drink And Eat One Straight Off The Tree - Next time you see one just do it, you'll thank yourself.