- Short Order Premium Rum Giveaway Poetry Contest. Enter Now.
- So a Chu and a Chow walk into a bar....
- Jaguar's house sauce recipe yields 2 quarts, do it yourself
- Robert Is Here is still here, destination South Dade
- Evos Burgers to open in Miami. Why does an evolved burger use organic meat? Does food inc. devolve our food through science?
- Drunken Mojito Rum Cake....now served in shots
- Your friends at the shelter are hungry, feed em with a postcard
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Weekly Wrap Up: The Friday Swelter
June 19, 2009 | 12:51pm|
Miami's so hot that pigs sweat bacon grease, Biscayne Bay turns to fish soup, and palm trees hide under each other for shade. Perfect weather for a cold drink, a hot bbq, and some potato salad. Summer pulses through the county with the chaotic friction of all our molecules heating up at once. Enjoy. Here's what you might have missed last week.