Fratelli Lyon, the Design District eatery people flocked to when they wanted authentic Italian cuisine, has closed its doors.
In case you're about to sell your Miami condo and move for fear that a restaurant-closing trend is about to start, fret not.
Chef-restauteur Ken Lyon has plans for another place, while expanding his catering business, Lyon & Lyon. While Lyon scouts locations, he's extending some special offers to his loyal customers including a special menu of dishes to "bring Fratelli Lyon to you." The special "in viaggio" menu features a six-course menu of Fratelli Lyon specialties. The menu is priced at $100 per person, plus gratuities and tax, based on a 12-person, three-hour event (and availability). It includes food, red and white Italian wines, table-top equipment, and staff -- which basically brings the restaurant to you.
- Aperitivo aperol spritz almonds + olives |rosemary grissini
- Antipasto fresh fava bean puree, fresh ricotta, olive oil toasts
- Primo risotto al telefono ripe tomato, mozzarella di bufala, torn basil
- Secondo tagliata di manzo grilled + sliced sirloin steak, green sauce, wilted scarola
- Formaggio robiola bosina local honey-comb, dried fruits, pecan-raisin bread
- Dolce affogato - vanilla gelato with hot espresso | biscotti e brutti ma buoni
A series of pop-up dinners throughout the city are in the works for the coming months, as well.
Fratelli Lyon opened in 2008 and was quickly on Miami's short list for fresh food at reasonable prices. In his restaurant review Lee Klein said, "The only problem with dining at a restaurant as gratifying as Fratelli
Lyon is that afterward you are left with the bitter feeling that other
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
places have been ripping you off."
Short Order will keep you updated with information about future pop-up dates.
Follow Short Order on
Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.