- In the wake of the first hopeful results of a preventative HIV vaccine in Thailand, a researcher at the University of Miami is preparing to begin human trials for a new therapeutic vaccine that might help HIV-positive people fight the disease. [Herald]
- In order to give two unions more time to reach deals and hopefully avoid layoffs, the Miami City Commission decided to delay the final vote on the budget. [Herald]
- Take Back the Land is at it again, placing squatters at a waterfront pad in Coral Gables. The neighbors are none too happy. [NBCMiami]
- Joey Porter is dealing with a "hamstring tweak" that's limiting his play. [SunSent]
- WSVN will add two more half-hour news shows, further cementing its place as one of the more news-happy local stations in the nation. [Herald]
- No champagne in the champagne room: Miami Beach upholds its ban on alcohol in strip clubs. [TheLead]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
September 25, 2009 | 11:05am|