Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Mondays haven't been banished from the calendar -- yet. You have a full day (well, five days) of work stuff to look forward to.
On the glass-is-half-full side of things, there's lots of stuff happening around town this week, much of it free. Oh, and happy May Day (yes, that's actually a thing).
- Swing/SPACE/miami: Tatiana Vahan at MDC Museum of Art + Design: Check out Vahan's take on capitalism, from press release to portraiture. She's a Miami alum, so you'll be showing some local love.
- Samurai Cop at Gutter Films: Samurai Cop was a thing back in the '80s. According to the folks at Gutter Films, "This is one of the absolute worst attempts at filmmaking that has ever been undertaken. The film is nonstop cheese from start to finish." Awesome sauce.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- First Thursdays at PAMM: Take a gander at downtown's aesthetic masterpiece and all the art within, courtesy of the Knight Foundation. Plus, hear some tunes by Haitian kompa band Shleu Shleu Miami All Stars. Just don't go breaking any vases.
- Planetarium show at Miami Science Museum: Put your life in perspective with a star show and rooftop observatory viewing. Seriously, you're a speck.
- Collins Park Artscape in Miami Beach: Expand your beach experience beyond SoBe and check out the cultural (and edible) offerings available up north.
- Guided tours at the Wolfsonian: Check out the insane assortment of objects (120,000 -- seriously) at this goodie-packed Miami Beach gem.