Miami is the new Las Vegas.
In fact, with LIV ranked at fifth and Story at eighth, there was only one other non-Vegas club -- the New York location of Lavo at seventh -- that appeared so high.
Meanwhile, many of the same Sin City spots (XS, Marquee, Tao, Surrender, Pure, Lavo) continued to dominate the upper echelon of the list, as they do from year to year.
Nightclub & Bar's Top 100 2014
1. XS Nightclub, Las Vegas - $90 to $95 million
2. Marquee Nightclub, Las Vegas - $85 to $90 million
3. Tao LV, Las Vegas - $85 to $90 million
4. Surrender Nigtclub, Las Vegas - $50 to $55 million
5. LIV, Miami - $40 to 45 million
6. Pure Nightclub, Las Vegas - $30 to $35 million
7. Lavo NY, New York - $30 to $35 million
8. Story, Miami - $25 to $30 million
9. Lavo LV, Las Vegas - $25 to $30 million
10. Hyde Bellagio, Las Vegas - $25 to $30 million
But among the remaining 90 party places on the list, there are only eight other Miami clubs: Mango's Tropical Cafe at 12th (slipping from tenth in 2013), the Clevelander Hotel at 27th, SET at 36th, Mansion at 44th, Space at 54th, The Stage at 72nd, Dream at 74th, and Wall Lounge at 84th.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
In all, that's actually one less local spot than last year, with Arkadia (31st in 2013) closing at the Fontainebleau and Cameo (formerly 73rd) falling altogether out of the Top 100.
So ... OK. Maybe the "new Vegas" is a bit premature.
Crossfade's Top Blogs