Riptide cares about celebrities in the same way most celebrities care about Art Fairs: We will use them for shallow reasons. Celebrities need publicity and free drinks and, most of all, attention. Riptide needs things of local relevance to blog about. So with out further ado, here is your Art Basel 2008 celebrity gossip round up.
- Underwear, an over sized t-shirt, and a ski cap is the kind of things Sorority girls wear the morning after schlupping some frat boy. Pamela Anderson decided this would be the perfect attire in which to tour Art Basel in. [Daily Mail]
- Anderson's fellow sad, unnatural looking has-been, Marilyn Manson, showed up with a much younger new-beau, after splitting from Evan Rachel Wood. [TMZ]
- Two days after Karu & Y somehow hosted a rare performance by musical genius-type Panda Bear, it returned to its more natural setting as a play ground for quasi-celeb bimbos. Yay The Hilton Sisters! [Faded Youth]
- Louis Vuitton and Visionaire hosted some party at which some people who always go to parties went to. Like Marc Jacobs and Lady Bunny and who cares? [Scene In The Tropics]
- Mary Kate Olsen was in attendance at Grace Jones' performance. The
place could not hold so much raw, um, what does Tyra say? Fierceness?
Is that what it means when you dress insane all the time. Anyway. Mary
Kate Olsen. [ONTD]
- Ummm, Olsen wore this hat on her head while hanging with Ryan Mcginley [ONTD]
- MK also hates MJ. [Scene In The Tropics]
- Beyonce and Jay-Z took in the art. [Just Jared]
Is that it? God, I hope that is it.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.