If you were alive in the 1990s, you've been influenced by the work of artist Keith Haring. The colorful, cartoonish images, addressing issues of sex, war, and what it means to be human, became emblems of a generation.
Next week, 200 of them will go on display in the Design District at Haring Miami, one of the largest collections of Haring's works ever assembled.
Haring's works are reason enough to attend, but there's more to this event than the art. The ever delicious Michelle Bernstein will bring her pop-up concept, Haring Cafe, along with tasty treats created just for the exhibit. And VIP art lovers can also indulge at the VIP Bombay Sapphire Lounge, which will be serving up specialty gin cocktails like the "Haring Thyme" with ginger ale and grapefruit juice.
The VIP treatment at Haring Miami can cost as much as $275 -- not exactly chump change. But we're giving away a pair of VIP tickets to one lucky Cultist reader for free. Read on to find out how to win.
VIP ticket upgrades also include admission to the show on opening night; full premium open bar; food by celebrity chef Adrianne Calvo; VIP entrance; a show catalogue; and multi-day access to the exhibit, which runs March 6-10.
Here's how to win:
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Official Haring Miami VIP Ticket Giveaway Instructions
1. Head to Cultist's Facebook page and Like it.
2. Find the "Win free VIP tickets to Haring Miami" update, and leave a comment.
3. From the pool of commenters, we'll randomly select one lucky winner and send him/her a message how to claim the prize -- a pair of VIP tickets to Haring Miami.
4. Make sure your Facebook security settings allow you to receive private messages from Cultist -- and keep an eye on your Facebook messages, because that's how we'll let you know you've won.
5. Last thing: You have until noon on Monday, March 4, to enter.
For more on Haring Miami, visit haringmiami.com.