In Miami's arts scene, it's hard to rank among the elite. You need a ton of talent, a ton of connections, or a ton of expendable income. Hell, in some cases, you need all three.
But there's one way to become a very important person without spending, slaving, or shmoozing: by winning VIP tickets to Artopia, New Times' annual arts party celebrating the winners of the MasterMind Awards, presented by the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County.
We're giving away four pairs of VIP passes to the fun this week. Find out how to win after the jump.
This year's Artopia will transform the Coral Gables Museum into the central hub of Miami culture on Thursday, February 28. Art on display will range from authentic Picasso works to pieces by the late local art hero Purvis Young. Expect to see tons of local talent on display. Miami artists Maximo Caminero, Mark Cherry, Joe Chirichigno, Antonio Fortuna, Andrés Mesa, Lena Reznik, Stephen Tiger, Ray Trout, and former MasterMind Award winners Drugged Conscience Records and Domingo of the End/Spring Break will all be represented.
Attendees will browse the walls to the sounds of PALO!, who'll be performing live. DJ Andrea Xavier & Jessie Mallie, the Ground Zero Crew, and former MasterMind Award winner Roofless Records will also add to the night's soundtrack.
Along the way, you can nosh on treats from Machiya, Catalina's Bake Shop, Daily Melt, and other area eateries. And, of course, you'll enjoy it all with a drink in your hand, courtesy of Beck's, Rums of Puerto Rico, SX Vodkas, and El Cartel Tequila.
Topping it all off, Real Housewives of Miami star and drag queen about town Elaine Lancaster will host the festivities in celebration of the Arsht Center's upcoming show Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
VIP tickets get you access to all of this plus a VIP Lounge with a private DJ, premium restaurant sampling, and an open bar. Here's how to win:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Official Artopia VIP Ticket Giveaway Instructions
1. Head to Cultist's Facebook page and Like it.
2. Find the "Win VIP tickets to Artopia" update, and leave a comment.
3. From the pool of commenters, we'll randomly select four lucky winners and send them a message how to claim their prize -- a pair of VIP passes to Artopia on Thursday, February 28.
4. Make sure your Facebook security settings allow you to receive private messages from Cultist -- and keep an eye on your Facebook messages, because that's how we'll let you know you've won.
5. Winners must pick up their passes at the New Times office by 3 p.m. Wednesday, February 27.
6. Last thing: You have until noon Friday, February 22, to enter.