We know you work hard everyday. The boss is constantly on your back and rarely, if ever, cuts you any slack.
Trust us, we look forward to the weekend just like you. We can' get enough of that jumping music, those slick DJs, the fog machines, and laser rays. Freestyle queen and North Miami Beach gal Debbie Deb said it best, "lookout weekend 'cause here [we] come, because weekends were, made for fun."
And boy is there plenty of it this week. From contemporary art to Swedish pop, a wild masquerade ball to stand-up comedy, there's plenty of great stuff to tickle your fancy this weekend. Check out our list after the jump.
- Wynwood Art Fair: Not a fan of snobbish, European art collects, eh? Fear not, this isn't Basel, it's a celebration of art for every demographic. Check it out this weekend. Swing by NW Sixth Ave between 23rd and 29th streets to see what we're talking about.
- Recent Cinema from Spain: Check out some of some of Spain's best independent filmmakers' work at the Gusman's Center Olympia Theater.
- Miami City Ballet: at the Arsht: Principal ballerina Jeanette Delgado is back from dancing in Paris to kick off Miami City Ballet's 2011-2012 season. It can't be missed.
- Foster the People: The kids with the pumped up kicks are going to shit themselves when they catch their favorite indie pop group performing live at LIV. That is, of course, if they can get it in.
- Kyle Grooms: "Kyle is not a strong black-man name," jokes Grooms. "You don't think of a Mandingo black man when you hear Kyle." He's right, we think of mad LOLz.
- Edible Garden Festival: Thinking about jumping the meat ship and joining the vegetarian crowd? Learn how to grow food this weekend.
- Little Dragon: Swedish pop music giants Little Dragon kick it electro-style with the Grand Central crowd. We'll see you there.
- Bassnectar: Ever wonder the future sounds like? You'll learn exactly that at the Fillmore on Saturday.
- Monster Masquerade: Zoos rock. But when you add a little alcohol, drunken conga lines, and a costume party to the mix, they're the best thing ever.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Halloween Tent Sale: Hey geek, there's a comic book sale going down from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hurry.
- Miami Dolphins vs. Denver Broncos: If you're a glutton for punishment or a UF grad, you'll get a kick out of Sunday's home game.
- The Cool Kids: Midwest rappers Chuck Inglish and Sir Michael Rocks rock the shit out of EVE Sunday night.