We know you work hard everyday. The boss is constantly on your back and rarely, if ever, cuts you any slack.
Trust us, we look forward to the weekend just like you. We can' get enough of that jumping music, those slick DJs, the fog machines, and laser rays. Freestyle queen and North Miami Beach gal Debbie Deb said it best, "lookout weekend 'cause here [we] come, because weekends were, made for fun."
And boy is there plenty of it this week. From contemporary art to Swedish pop, a wild masquerade ball to stand-up comedy, there's plenty of great stuff to tickle your fancy this weekend. Check out our list after the jump.
- Wynwood Art Fair: Not a fan of snobbish, European art collects, eh? Fear not, this isn't Basel, it's a celebration of art for every demographic. Check it out this weekend. Swing by NW Sixth Ave between 23rd and 29th streets to see what we're talking about.
- Recent Cinema from Spain: Check out some of some of Spain's best independent filmmakers' work at the Gusman's Center Olympia Theater.
- Miami City Ballet: at the Arsht: Principal ballerina Jeanette Delgado is back from dancing in Paris to kick off Miami City Ballet's 2011-2012 season. It can't be missed.
- Foster the People: The kids with the pumped up kicks are going to shit themselves when they catch their favorite indie pop group performing live at LIV. That is, of course, if they can get it in.
- Kyle Grooms: "Kyle is not a strong black-man name," jokes Grooms. "You don't think of a Mandingo black man when you hear Kyle." He's right, we think of mad LOLz.
- Edible Garden Festival: Thinking about jumping the meat ship and joining the vegetarian crowd? Learn how to grow food this weekend.
- Little Dragon: Swedish pop music giants Little Dragon kick it electro-style with the Grand Central crowd. We'll see you there.
- Bassnectar: Ever wonder the future sounds like? You'll learn exactly that at the Fillmore on Saturday.
- Monster Masquerade: Zoos rock. But when you add a little alcohol, drunken conga lines, and a costume party to the mix, they're the best thing ever.
- Halloween Tent Sale: Hey geek, there's a comic book sale going down from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hurry.
- Miami Dolphins vs. Denver Broncos: If you're a glutton for punishment or a UF grad, you'll get a kick out of Sunday's home game.
- The Cool Kids: Midwest rappers Chuck Inglish and Sir Michael Rocks rock the shit out of EVE Sunday night.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.