Wham, bam, thank you, mam? In the morning, the crowds will be gone, the pop-up shops and nightclubs will be empty storefronts again, and our city will have to reconcile the fact that it's no longer an uber-chic, hipster Atlantis, but a metropolitan city with tons of stinking problems.
What, too dark? We just want to make sure you head out today and enjoy the last sliver of this art pie before there's just red slimy goo left at the bottom of the pan. Read on for today's best events so you can slowly wean off the fun before the big void of nothingness that is post-Basel Miami.
1. This morning, head over to the Frost Museum for Breakfast in the Park with artist Enrique Martínez Celaya. Unlike the rest of the events today, this is an official Art Basel event. Fancy!
2. Close out Miami Art Week (does anyone actually call it that?), with a sloppy, drunk Do Over party at Bar from 2 to 10 p.m. This free party will feature booze and BBQ all day, international DJs, and hosts Haycock, Strong, and Blaac. We hear murmurs that they'll be giving away free screen-printed tees.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
3. We're hearing great things about the new exhibit, Ten Thousand Waves, at the Bass Museum. See its nine-screen film installation today.
4. Cafeina's swank garden has been transformed in the Artful Big Top by graffers Primary Flight and Trusto Corp, a mysterious street art collective "dedicated to highlighting the hypocrisy and hilarity of human behavior through sarcasm and satire." Basel was fun and all, but we miss humor.
5. Questlove, of the Roots, djs at Bartdot, continuing the train of celebs manning the decks. Maybe Jimmy Fallon will show up too?
Click here to see the full list of Basel events running through today.