In spite of the last week's crap weather and overall miserable Halloween weekend, Cultist plans on raging hard as shit this week. We'll be staying up all night on Saturday, kicking it with giant fish and carpetbaggers, then jumping in our time machine and heading back to Seattle circa 1991 on Sunday.
Sound gnarly? It is. And we want y'all to be a part of it--from the 13-hour arts party to Don King's Championship Boxing on Native American land. Living in America is great, especially in South Florida.
Check out our roundup of the best things to do this weekend after the jump.
- France Cinéma Floride: Overload on all things French this weekend at the Tower Theater with a mini Francophone film festival. Miami, Je t'aime.
- Elegant Songs From a Handsome Woman: SNL veteran and star of CBS's Suburgatory, Ana Gasteyer brings her one woman show to Aventura, be sure to load up on Schweddy Balls and Dusty Muffins.
- ArtOfficial Album Release Party: The local music crew celebrates the release of their new album, Vitamins & Minerals, tonight with a party at the Stage.
- Gainsbourg: Serge Gainsbourg was a brilliant singer-songwriter and interesting son-of-a-gun. Peep his fanciful biopic at Miami Beach Cinematheque.
- Social Distortion: Cali-based punks Social Distortion still thrashes after all these years.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Sleepless Night: Miami's favorite 13-hour arts festival is back, and rumor has it that giant, Spanish fish are going to invade the beach on Saturday. You've been warned.
- Carpetbag Brigade: Acrobatics, Improvisation, music, and overall awesomeness sum up Carpetbag Brigade's upcoming performance at Sleepless Night.
- Craft Carnival: Whether you're in the market for a mustachioed plush cyclops or faux leather earrings, you'll find it this Saturday at the Miami Sunset Elks Lodge.
- Don King Presents Championship Corner: Panama's Guillermo "el Felino" Jones and Vero Beach's Mike Marrone square off in a Don King-sponsored cruiserweight bout.
- The Cabinet of Dr. Strange: Ever feel like yelling at a Brazilian artist? Here's your chance.
- Garth Fagan Dance: Remember how great the choreography was in the Broadway version of the Lion King? Garth Fagan was responsible. His troupe's the real deal, yo.
- Still Life: Shore Club Hotel welcomes a bunch of sex dolls to 1901 Collins Ave. Artistic ones, of course.