Wow, where'd the week go? We were having so much fun blogging that we nearly forgot about the weekend. Turns out, there's a lot of cool shit going on.
Did you know that Miami's one of the few places where marathons are run in the winter? No, we're serious. Just wait till Sunday, you'll see. Oh, and did you know that Rick Ross will enter into his late 30s come over the weekend. Yeah, and Diddy's hosting a birthday bash in his honor to celebrate.
Check out some of the best events going down over the next three days after the cut.
- Conjunto Progreso: A Cuban jam band? Think Grateful Dead on mojitos.
- Why Patterns & Recess: Experimental dance surrounded by thousands of ping-pong balls. Sounds fun.
- Tomboy: This coming-of-age flick about a girl turned boy earned accolades from nearly every LGBT film fest it screened at.
- Spirit of Sound Gathering: Tonight we're going to rave like it's 1993!
- Dance of Devotion: Lovey-dovey classical tunes under the stars. How sweet.
- Axis Dance Co: Full of Words: The premiere of this production will feature romantic dialogue spoken in dance.
- Jimmy Buffett: Captain Parrot Head brings "Margaritaville" to the Triple A. Expect to spend upwards of $12 for a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" with a fries and a Land Shark Lager.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- 2012 ING Miami Marathon and Half Marathon: On your marks, get set, go!
- Krisp and the Hongs: Abel Folgar describes their sounds as "Wynwood itself." We think that's a pretty accurate description.
- Prestige Sundays Presents Rick Ross's Birthday: Happy birthday, Ricky Rozay, from your friends at New Times.
- Homestead Championship Rodeo: Should've been a rodeo clown.
- In the Next Room (or the Vibrator Play): Masturbation at its funniest.