It's time to straighten up, Miami. Yes, this magical city is full of insane parties and pretty people to gawk at, but there's more to us than that. We are a city of dreamers, frequenting art-house cinemas so often they just keep popping up. We are a city of readers, despite what outsiders think, and have an upcoming massive book festival to prove it. More than that, we are a city of artists, with talented folks making this place a sight to behold long after the Basel trucks have packed up and moved on.
In what other city do all these activities merge, creating days of artsy, literary, boozy fun in one weekend? Well, plenty, but Miami does it like no other. Party on all cultured-like.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Lil Jon at LIV: Get outta your mind.
- Carlos Martiel, Sentence: Watch a renowned performance artist as he covers his naked body in a concrete-layered bedspread bolted to the sidewalk, where he'll stay until unable to do so. Street entertainment at its oddest.
- Little Havana Art Walk: Avoid the Wynwood crowds and strut through Calle Ocho's galleries.
- Second Saturday Art Walk: Art. Wine. Food trucks. Repeat.
- Candyland World Tour Pool Party: All the sexy dance fun of rave, poolside.
- Jackfruit Jubilee: Why should mangoes get all the glory?
- Electric Wire Hustle at Bardot: Sway to the new soul of this New Zealand outfit.
- Miami Fashion Film Festival: Your last chance to soak up all the cinematic fabulousness.
- Lolipop Records Adventure Tour: Psych-rock jam sesh. Yesh.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.