We've got the cure for those post-election blues. Well, not really. What's going to take your mind off the prospect of four more years of Rick Scott? Not much, but we're gonna give it our best shot.
This weekend brings another second Saturday art walk, the last before the Art Basel madness really descends on our city, plus all the music, culture, and techie fun you can fit into three days. The only downside? No legal weed to float you through the fun. Chin up, though, we might get our wish in 2016. Until then: Party on, Miami.
- TigerDirect Tech Bash at Marlins Park: Mingle with tech giants from Intel, McAfee, and Miami Heat and Dolphins dancers. Contain yourselves, nerds.
- Beats After Sunset at Bass: Take in the "Gold" exhibit, beats by DJ Edau, and complimentary cocktails.
- Wynwood Art Walk: Eat, drink, and stroll -- but respect the art, kids.
- Miami Heat vs. Minnesota Timberwolves at American Airlines Arena: Watch the Heat rip those Wolves to shreds.
- The Great Grove Bed Race at Peacock Park: Grand Marshall Vanilla Ice is here to race you to the sack.
- Interpol at the Fillmore: Jam out to one of the best indie-rock bands of the last decade.
- Blowfly's Save the Funky House Party at Churchill's: Join Kool Keith, Otto von Schirach, and others to help out one of Miami's music legends.
- Mozart's "Jupiter" at Soundscape Park: Enjoy the composer's epic final symphony under the stars.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- The Berlin Wall: Unveiled at Miami-Dade College: Celebrate the fall of the Berlin Wall as Miami gets a piece of world history.
- Florida Jews in the Military screening at Jewish Museum: Catch a unique documentary at FIU this Veterans Day.