So stay cool and stay dry. Happy weekend, Miami.
- SunFest at West Palm Beach: Sure it's in West Palm Beach, but the five-day music fest makes it worth the drive.
- Beats After Sunset at Bass Museum of Art: The art-and-music filled happy hour returns for another Friday.
- Rent at Aventura Arts and Cultural Center: See the story of a group of friends living in New York City fighting to make ends meet and looking for love all while trying to pay their rent.
- First Friday Art Walk at Downtown Miami: Artist receptions, art talks, film screenings, and musical entertainment. Leave your car at home and take the Metromover.
- Elliot Ackerman at Books & Books: Ackerman reads from his debut novel, Green on Blue.
- RUBBERBANDance Group at Miami-Dade County Auditorium: The Montreal-based troupe blends influences of contemporary ballet and urban dance.
- Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies at Marlins Park: The hometown team takes on the broken down Phillies.
- 9th Annual All Kids Included Family Arts Festival at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center: From concerts to culture to outdoor activities, the day-long lineup of events is tailored to kids with and without disabilities, so no one is left out.
- The Steinway & Sons Piano Extravaganza at Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: The Miami Symphony Orchestra performs and Eduardo Marturet directs.
- The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses-Master Quest at James L. Knight Center: Music from the classic video game played by an orchestra. Video games have never been classier.