Happy weekend, Miami.
- Miami City Ballet: Points of Departure at Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: The performance will include the world premiere of Heatscape, a dance adventure paired with art design by legendary creative Shepard Fairey.
- Fadenfest at LMNT: Trick Daddy and Otto von Schirach will perform at what's essentially some bro's birthday party. But it looks like it'll be a damn good party.
- O, Miami Poetry Texting Workshop at the Chill Concept: Poet Elizabeth Jacobson will lead this two-hour session marrying the mundane, communicative act of texting and the beauty of poetic collaboration.
- Heart at LIV: What about love? Ann and Nancy Wilson will sing their hearts out.
- Spring Fling in the Magic City at Lincoln Road Parking Garage: Party your heart out while raising money for Locust Projects.
- Miami Riverday Festival at Lummus Park Historic District: The daylong event is dedicated to the history and culture of the city’s winding waterway and will feature boat tours, live music, and food and drink vendors.
- Eclectica at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center: The trio includes drummer Roy "Futureman" Wooten, bassist Steve Forrest, and electric violinist Tracy Silverman.
- Acoustic Bicycle Tour at SoundScape Park: The Acoustic Bicycle Tour — part poetic composition, performance-art piece, and philosophical statement — will cruise Miami's bike-unfriendly streets.
- "Warhol & Wyeth: Behind the Scenes of the Factory Portrait" at Dave and Mary Alper Jewish Community Center: The exhibition of photojournalist's Stanley Tretick's photographs of the Warhol Factory is small and intimate yet worth the time.
- Miami Beach Gay Pride Parade in South Beach: The parade will begin at Fifth Street and Ocean Drive and travel north to 15th Street. Grand marshal Mario Lopez will lead the celebration.