The weekend is finally here and, as always, there's plenty to do in the 305. This weekend brings comedy, contemporary dance, modern classical music, a BBQ festival, and the inevitable DJ performance. New Times has rounded up your ten best bets for this weekend. Happy weekend, Miami.
Lyric Live at Lyric Theater: Hosted by comedian Chello, Lyric Live brings an Apollo-style talent night on the first Friday each month. Go and judge the brave performers who take to the stage.
- TRIBE at Miami-Dade County Auditorium: Mastermind winner Bistoury Theatre brings their singular vision of Miami to stage. TRIBE is a narrative dance that investigates various voices of homelessness throughout the city.
- Lee Burridge at Trade: The well-known DJ stops by Miami for a night.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Nu Deco Ensemble at Light Box: The newly-formed ensemble mixes chamber music artistry with the sounds of Daft Punk's electro beats.
- O, Miami: Some People Have Been Unkind at Art Center South Florida: A workshop and poetry critique in one.
- New World Symphony at New World Center: The symphony of recently written European music, offering a taste of Hungarian contemporary music.
Fairchild Palms 5K at Fairchild Tropic Botanical Garden: Jog or walk your way through the scenic park. If you have to run, this is the way to do it. O, MiamiPhoto by Gesi Schilling
O, Miami's Under the Influence at B-Bar at The Betsy Hotel: Poets reads in a round-robin format that links past and present.
- Dino Egg Safari at Zoo Miami: A twist on the traditional Easter egg hunt, at this family-friendly fun-for-all, kids 12 and under will get to play archaeologist and search for extra special dinosaur eggs.
Easter Brunch at Jungle Island: A killer Easter spread, and an egg hunt all while looking at cute creatures. What more could you want?