Hey! We know you've likely been partying for days on end, but don't go to sleep just yet. It's Friday, and with it comes the final weekend of Winter Music Conference 2014. Plus, it's the official kick-off of Ultra, and that noise is going to keep you up regardless.
But if you're trying to escape the beat, there's plenty of entertainment alternatives. You can dress up like a person from thousands of years ago and drink beer with friends, or maybe hit the opera for some high-brow fun. Hell, Jay Leno is in town. Things are about to get weird.
- Ultra Music Festival: The longest-running dance music festival in America is back with six stages and more international DJs than a Beatport chart.
- Fool's Gold Showcase: This annual music week event is free of charge and full of the best artists from A-trak and Nick Catchdubs' funky label.
- Ohlsson Plays Rachmaninoff: Hear a true piano virtuoso play some of the most classic pieces in history.
- Florida Renaissance Festival: Break out the wench-wear and grab a turkey leg - we're going back in time.
- WMC Deep Dish Reunion: It's been 10 years since these legendary house producers, Dubfire and Sharam, got together behind the decks.
- The Big Read presents Bride and Prejudice: It's a Bollywood adaptation of the famous Jane Austen novel. Enough said.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Tosca: One of the most-performed operas in history is coming to town, and it's full of drama like even the Kardashians can't handle.
- Tobias Bernstrup: Trust us, you've never seen anything like this musican/performance artist/space-age crossdresser -- ever.
- Everglades Bicycle Club Mazzotti Snowbird Century: Hit one of the world's most unique ecoystems, and get some sun with your exercise.
- Jay Leno: There's a reason this guy won an Emmy. Come hear him make jokes without a screen in between.