The wait is over!
In just a few hours, you get to walk out of this office and say "enough." Even if you don't work in an office, you soon can turn off your brain completely, or to whatever varying degree makes you most comfortable.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy one of these fine gatherings. If you like music, this weekend brings rock'n'roll, reggea, classical, disco, even some goth-y goodness. If you like food, there's plenty of that going around, and oftentimes right by some beautiful works of art. Learn a thing or two, support a good cause, or maybe just be entertained.
- Swamp Stomp: Swamp Stomp is back and bigger than ever, taking over Tobacco Road for not one but two days of rockin' music. Tonight, it's all reggea, and tomorrow, gold old-fashioned rock'n'roll.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra: Be transported by the magic of beautiful music as conductor Leonard Slatkin strikes up the fourth-oldest orchestra in the United States.
- Chippendales: The hunks are back, and they're wearing almost nothing. Come sneak a peek, whether you're naughty or nice.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Whoopi Goldberg: This legendary actress is one of the most decorated comedians perhaps of all time. See why she's earned an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony and have a good, smart laugh.
- Cars Cause & Charity: It's cool enough just getting the chance to check out some classic whips, but this weekend, you can enjoy the sights and help support the Wounded Warriors of South Florida.
- The Twelves: These two Brazilian disco kings don't usually make it to Miami. Break out your comfiest dancing shoes, because you'll need them.
- Carnaval on the Mile: Walk a mile of sensory experiences. Check out the work of more than 120 artists, eat some grub and dance a while, why don't ya?
- Curses: Boogie on down to the Garret and dance the night away to some groovy house with just enough spooky edge to make you break out the really heavy eye-liner.
- Harlem Globetrotters: You've never seen basketball played like this. For this next trick, the fans pick the rules, and things get a little crazy.
- Asian Cultural Festival: The big drums are called Taiko, and they might be the most fun form of percussion to behold. Fun for the whole family with food, art and more than a little to learn.