Damn, you guys. What a rough week.
It should've been easy. For many, the Memorial Day holiday meant that the work week was only four days long. But in that time, we lost a local pin-up legend and an inspiring literary voice. Many still haven't recovered from the ending of an era at Churchill's. There's a battle waging over at MOCA. And David Beckham's soccer stadium plans already stink of environmental corruption.
It's a hell of a lot easier to be a dog in Miami lately.
But here's the silver lining: the weekend starts today, giving you ample opportunities to drink, dance, play, and shop the pain away. Here are the ten best ways to do just that.
- New Times Beer Pong Tournament and Miami Heat Watch Party: Play pong, win $500, and watch the Heat battle for Game Six.
- South Florida Boat Show: Get on a boat at the Convention Center, and before long you'll be ridin' on a dolphin, doin' flips 'n shit.
- [title of show]: What do you do when writer's block strikes? Write about it.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- The X Run: Get down and dirty at this sex-themed mud run.
- McDonald's Fashion Show: McDonald's on Lincoln Road hosts a reopening event with a runway. No, really.
- Feel the Force: Prep for hurricane season at MiaSci. Hey, it beats waiting two hours in line at Publix for bottled water.
- Karma Seeds That Feed: Yoga for a cause: the Verde Gardens Community Farm and Market.
- Morrissey: Oh cheer up already.
- B.o.B: The rapper and his "Airplanes" touch down at Marlins Park after the afternoon game against Atlanta.
- Average Joe Art Sale: Shop for art bargains to the tunes of Cog Nomen.