Miami culture's a hot commodity. For proof, look no farther than the case of AholSniffsGlue vs. American Eagle Outfitters. AEO found Ahol's Wynwood murals so appealing that they allegedly ripped the artist off in their haste to use them to sell skinny jeans and graphic tees.
That's a dick move, and you should be pissed off about it. But you should feel a little sad, too, for the people in the rest of the world whose only exposure to Ahol's signature eyes was through AEO's questionably legal, certainly unethical ad campaign. Not everybody gets to live in a town as great as Miami.
It's up to you, then, to make the most of this and every weekend -- to take advantage of your awesome surroundings by taking in as much of this town as you can. Here's how to do just that.
- Miami Spice: Screw your diet. Cheap eats at fancy venues only come once a year.
- Yes: Does prog rock live? Yes is your answer.
- Get Spendy: Tax-free weekend is supposed to help parents with back-to-school shopping, but there's no reason you can't indulge too.
- FreeBee: The free electronic transportation service launches in Brickell with class (AKA champagne).
- Caring About The Strays: Down pints, save pooches.
- Death To Miami Fest III: BECAUSE METAL.
- Animal Collective: This one's for the party animals.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- FEAST Miami: Discuss Miami's art future over a tasty meal at Emerson Dorsch.
- Bark At The Park: "Take me out to the ballgame!" --your dog
- Curren$y: A lil' sumthin to finish out your weekend.
Follow Ciara on Twitter @ciaralavelle.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.