- Dwntwn Art Days at McCormick Place: After a day of exhibition exploring, stop by McCormick Place for its annual Art Days celebration, Under the Bridge Downtown, which will debut a new façade, featuring panoramic exterior murals, a sculpture garden, a newly curated art gallery, fine-art studios, and a performance facility. Kicking off the celebration Friday at 6:30 p.m. will be food, drinks, DJs, and the Opera Atelier, all free and open to the public.
- Martin Lawrence at American Airlines Arena: He made a national name for himself as the star of the film series Bad Boys and the
supersuccessfulFox show Martin, but his role as host of Def Comedy Jam truly honors his first love: standup. It’s been four years since he last took the stage, but the time has come once again for Mr. Lawrence to speak the truth.
- Juvenile at LIV: Juvenile may have moved on from his "Back That Ass Up" days, but the Cash Money
super staris still Cocky & Confident. And this week, the NOLA rapper will be unleashing his Beast Mode ways at the 305's LIV nightclub.
- Purity Ring at The Fillmore: Formed in 2010, the duo from Alberta have been steadily winning over fans with incredible live performances and sexy synthpop. Purity Ring's sophomore album, Another Eternity, was released in February and launched the pair on a tour that's taking them to the Fillmore Miami Beach on September 11.
- ArtsLaunch2015 at Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: Celebrate its box office opening and the start of the South Florida arts season with ArtsLaunch2015, a day full of fun activities for the community, presented by American Airlines. ArtsLaunch2015 events are free and open to the public on a
- 19th Brazilian Film Festival of Miami (BRAFF) at Miami Beach Cinematheque: Miami has become quite the hub for film
festivals,though they usually occur during the peak of artsseason. Luckily, the Inffinito Festival Circuit returns to Miami this month with documentaries, comedies, dramas, and biographies for the 19th Brazilian Film Festival of Miami (BRAFF).
- Juan Luis Guerra at American Airlines Arena: Juan Luis Guerra — he's an Afro-pop institution, a Dominican merengue y bachata icon with over 30 million records sold and a Brinks truckload worth of Latin Grammy and Latin Billboard awards.
- Eric Morillo at LIV: The Colombian-American DJ, producer, and label owner is best known by your mom for his 1993 hit as Reel 2 Real, “I Like to Move It,” but to the rest of the dance-music world, Erick Morillo has been a house music colossus since way before Madagascar hit the big screen. This weekend, he will take his talents to South Beach at the
- Archival Feedback: Downtown Sounds at Downtown ArtHouse: Archival Feedback: Downtown Sounds is a one-time expression and experience, presented by the TM Sisters and Other Electricities as part of Dwntwn Art Days. Right now, Milgrim is roaming the streets and recording all noises big and small. During the performance, she will incorporate those samples into an electronic music mix for all to enjoy.
- Fool's Gold Day Off 2015 at Sound Stage at Mana Wynwood Production Village: The lineup is here, and Mana Wynwood Studios is
finnabe blessed with headlining performances from Flosstradamus, A-Trak, Vic Mensa, Laidback Luke, Alison Wonderlandand way, way more. Miami’s own Denzel Curry will hop on the mic along with a number of hood-certified MCs. As always, there will be surpriseguests, and in line with tradition, it’ll probably be the hottest up-and-coming rapper of the moment.