The weekend is finally here, and this weekend Miami offers up live poetry, music, a Steven Spielberg retrospective and more. Plus this is great week for Miami's geek scene: Supercon is back for a cosplay filled weekend. So get out there, put on your best Game of Thrones costume, and enjoy your weekend Miami. You've earned it.
- The Asia Project at Miracle Theatre: The award-winning show featuring writer and poet Asia Samson partners with the local storytelling series, Lip Service.
- Blood, Sweat, and Mouseketears at The Cabaret South Beach: Lindsey Alley, who was one of only three cast members to appear in Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Club pilot episode and all seven seasons of the show, puts a modern-day and risqué twist on Disney classics.
Supercon at Miami Beach Convention Center: The celebration of all things geeky runs all weekend.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Capital Cities at Fontainebleau Miami Beach: You likely know the duo's big hit "Safe and Sound” from that Mazda commercial.
- FIU Media Arts Festival at LAB Miami: The digital arts festival will showcase some of the most promising new visual media from Miami, from students and faculty to community members.
- Close Encounters with Steven Spielberg at O Cinema Miami Beach: Nothing says "summer blockbuster" like a Spielberg classic. O Cinema honors the familiar filmmaker with a retrospective throughout the weekend.&
- Shunned at LGBT Visitor Center: The award-winning documentary follows a group of trans women in the Philippines as they compete in a pageant.