Break out the picnic gear, fire up the grill, and stock up on sparklers. Fourth of July Weekend is here, and this one's going to be epic. The holiday falls on a Friday, giving many Miamians a three-day weekend -- perfect for this town's bajillion Independence Day celebrations, from pool parties to live music to explosions in the sky. You'd expect nothing less from one of the most patriotic places in the country, right?
There's so much happening this weekend that we couldn't narrow it down to just ten best things to do. So here's your super-sized guide to the next four days to match Miami's super-sized American pride.
- Florida Supercon: Thousands of geeks will unite for the biggest Supercon yet, this year at the Miami Beach Convention Center. Join the alliance.
- Katy Perry: "I Kissed A Girl" came out six years ago. Just let that marinate for a minute.
- Bomb Pop: OUTMiami launches with a patriotic party named for your favorite childhood summertime treat.
- Fireworks: No matter where you are in Dade, you'll see 'em. Check out our guide to the best ones.
- IndepenDANCE: Get it? Because independence? And dancing?
- Beats, BBQ, and Burlesque: Cafeina's Independence Day bash returns for a second straight year, celebrating all of what makes America great: rockin' tunes, tasty meats, and smokin' hotties.
- World Cup Quarterfinals: France v. Germany? Snore. But Brazil v. Colombia? Miami soccer bros are gonna be all up in arms. Why not watch at Wynwood's pop-up stadium?
- Audio Junkie's Independence Day Bash: The festivities take over Gramps with film screenings, a zine release, an all-day BBQ, contests, prizes, and general grownup amusement.
- KISS Country Music Festival: Hey, you're celebrating your country anyway. Might as well celebrate its music, too, with concerts by Casey James and Craig Campbell.
- More World Cup Quarterfinals: If you're not pulling for Costa Rica, you should call the cops, because someone has clearly stolen part of your soul.
- Shady Teez' Shady as F*ck: Meet the most Miami party of the holiday weekend.
- Bacon Beach Bash: Forget hot dogs; this year, Nikki Beach is celebrating the real American supermeat.
- Picnic With the Pets: Rover deserves to have a little fun this weekend too.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- $5 Days at Zoo Miami: It's your last day to get into Zoo Miami on the cheap. The animals will never know the difference.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.