It's the last weekend of 2011/first weekend of 2012. If you haven't already spent your Christmas bonus on a gaudy pair of Tory Burch flats (ladies) or bulky Air Jordan XI Concords (fellas), there are plenty of ways to burn through a couple hundred bucks over the next few days.
From New Year's Eve celebrations to outdoor music festivals, the Big Mango's full of exciting events this weekend. Take a look at the ten best things to do this weekend 'round Miami.
- Into the Abyss: Miami Beach Cinematheque's screning Werner Herzog's latest documentary through Wednesday.
- Orange Drive Music Festival: Boys II Men and Gym Class Heroes are headlining the first night of the Orange Drive Music Festival. Now that's what I call music.
- Brad Garrett: Dude's got one of the deepest voices in comedy and sounds a little like Lurch from the Addams Family. We're sold.
- Nero, Afrobeta, and Caligula - Honeymoon: Dubstep your way through the last Friday of 2011.
- King Mango Strut: The quirkiest street parade in the nation will celebrate its diamond anniversary, the big 3-0.
- Rick Ross's Rose Champagne NYE: There's still a chance for you and your bros to fork over $100,000 to sit next to Rick Ross as he counts down to the New Year at Cameo.
- Backdoor Bamby: Anything goes at this NYE bash.
- Bayfront Park's New Year's Eve: Make like a tourist and head over to Bayfront for Miami's biggest public NYE celebration.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets: The Dolphins finally end their miserable season this weekend against the Jets.
- New Year's Day Gospel Brunch: Cure that hangover with some Gospel music and grits.