Summer is here, and it really does feel like it.
After a weekend of sweating it out, you're probably ready for five days of air-conditioned, cubical comfort.
But all work and no play makes you a dull citizen of the 305. Get yourself out and about this week without spending any cash. You'll need it for this season's AC bill.
- Free yoga at Jose Marti Park: With all the free yoga classes happening around town, who needs to join a studio? Bounce from Jose Marti to Peacock Park to Bayfront Park and you'll get enough namastes to last the week.
- "Read Along, Sing a Song" at Allapattah Library: Help your offspring (or some kiddos on lend) learn that fun can be had without a touch screen. Reading, singing and dancing, just like the old days.
- Bike mural tour in Wynwood: All the years you've lived here, and you probs have no clue which artists have made their mark on the walls of Wynwood. Time to find out.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Free yoga and breakfast at the Edgewater Poetry & Athletics Club (461 NE 31st St.): Take in a poetry yoga class (whatever awesomeness that is) and a light breakfast, all thanks to O, Miami. Don't say literacy never did anything for you.
- Michael Hettich at Books & Books Coral Gables: Miami author extraordinaire is launching his new collection for the folks at home. Hear him read from Systems of Vanishing. Standing ovations should ensue.