Ah, summer in Miami: mosquitoes en masse, boiling temperatures, and torrential downpours. Best season ever.
If you need a few ways to fill the lazy summer days this week (or get out of the ridiculous rainstorms), here's some free stuff to keep you busy. Because you can spend only so much QT with Netflix.
- Batacuda at The Shops at Mary Brickell Village: Live tunes in honor of the World Cup. Wear your team colors or be branded a heretic.
- Free art classes at the Miami Beach Regional Library: Let out your inner artist or take your offspring for some summer entertainment -- whatever works.
- FYXD 305 ride at Adrienne Arsht Center: Put two wheels down for your weekly workout. Caveat: You gotta be able to keep up.
- Sustainable living workshop at Miami-Dade Community Action & Human Services Department: Alleviate some of the guilt about your size 2,000 carbon footprint by learning about water and energy conservation.
- Charity art auction at SuViche Wynwood: We know you need a little more art in your life, so why not get some for a good cause? Nosh on free appetizers and bid on art for the Miami Rescue Mission.
- Financial Meltdown at Cannonball: Pummel a bunch of stuff as a symbolic gesture against our society's collective debt. Then dance like a maniac.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Free volleyball clinic at Margaret Pace Park: If you're planning on playing at Model Beach next year, better get started on that serve.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.