The dog days of summer are officially upon us. It's hot as hell, and if you're anything like us, you're totally unmotivated to move, to function, and least of all, to work. Do you know how much effort we're expending to write this goddamn blog post?
But unfortunately, siestas aren't a standard part of the workday (yet), so plug along we must. To keep yourself from falling into a summer fugue state, here's some stuff you can get into this week (*most* of it involving AC).
- Tour of the Adrienne Arsht Center: Get to know our city's epic expanse of arts and culture, up close and personal.
- New Voices at YoungArts: Check out 46 works by 30 YoungArts alumni, from visual arts to writing, and feel bad about how little you've accomplished at your advancing age.
- Ikea Cafecito Truck at Miami International Mall: Get your caffeine fix and check out some chalk art street drawings courtesy of the Swedish furniture gods.
- Free yoga in Peacock Park: Get your sweat via some sun salutations.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Our Town performance at Miami-Dade College North: Check out the classic Pulitzer-Prize winning Thornton Wilder play, but with a Latin flair. That's so Miami.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.