It is a sad, sad day indeed when school resumes and you have send your kids, siblings, nieces, and nephews back out into the world of cruel teachers and snot-nosed classmates. If you're really unlucky, you're one of the many teachers or students who has to say goodbye to summer and hello to early mornings, late nights, and dreaded group projects.
We can't make school days any better, but we can try to improve the time you get you spend out of the classroom. From indie movie screenings to author events to food truck extravaganzas, Cultist has your back.
- Last Nights Party: Mokai is taken over by LastNightsParty.com. Don't forget to RSVP to get in free before 12:30 a.m.
- Yeasayer listening party: Sweat Records is playing the Brooklyn group's new album, "Fragrant World," while giving away vinyls and other goodies.
- Pub quiz: If you're the type who watches Jeopardy every night and thinks Wheel of Fortune is too easy, try your luck at quiz night at Fado Irish Pub. Even if you're not a know-it-all, the free pints and good times make the pub quiz worth your while.
- Let's Experiment: Indie Film Club Miami puts on a night of independent cinema and networking opportunities at Lester's.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Tribute to a Female Icon: Featuring art by Andy Warhol, Mimmo Rotella and Seward Johnson, this tribute to Marilyn Monroe at Galleria Ca'd'oro commemorates the 50th anniversary of her death. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Mike Freeman: Books & Books Coral Gables hosts author Mike Freeman, who will discuss his book Undefeated: Inside the 1972 Miami Dolphins' Perfect Season.
- Hollywood food trucks: Been a while since your last food truck rally? For shame! Get your friends, your blankets and your appetite ready for the twenty food trucks and live entertainment at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.