Football is back with a vengeance (or a misleading win, in the Dolphins' case), and thanks to Sunday Funday, Mondays are dragging more than ever. This whole five-day workweek thing has jumped the shark, wouldn't you say?
We feel your Monday through Friday pain, so here's a list of stuff to occupy you all week, till that blessed off time rolls around again.
- Writing workshop at Miami Beach Regional Library: Writing ain't easy (just ask anyone who works at the New Times...OY) -- so take your cues from a published pro on penning works for kids and young adults.
- Photography class at North Shore Branch Library: Pick up some point-and-shoot skills so everyone stops hating on your embarrassing Instagram photos.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Destress with Dan Harris: Emmy-Award-Winning correspondent for ABC News, Nightline co-anchor and New York Times bestselling author Dan Harris will speak about his book 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing my Edge and Found Self-Help That Really Works - A True Story.
- U.S. Army Field Band concert at Lou Rawls Center for the Performing Arts: Take a break from Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea and embrace the old school with big band, swing, Dixieland, and patriotic tunes.
- Champagne and popcorn at Vinos in the Grove: Because caviar is so '80s.