Football is back with a vengeance (or a misleading win, in the Dolphins' case), and thanks to Sunday Funday, Mondays are dragging more than ever. This whole five-day workweek thing has jumped the shark, wouldn't you say?
We feel your Monday through Friday pain, so here's a list of stuff to occupy you all week, till that blessed off time rolls around again.
- Writing workshop at Miami Beach Regional Library: Writing ain't easy (just ask anyone who works at the New Times...OY) -- so take your cues from a published pro on penning works for kids and young adults.
- Photography class at North Shore Branch Library: Pick up some point-and-shoot skills so everyone stops hating on your embarrassing Instagram photos.
- Destress with Dan Harris: Emmy-Award-Winning correspondent for ABC News, Nightline co-anchor and New York Times bestselling author Dan Harris will speak about his book 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing my Edge and Found Self-Help That Really Works - A True Story.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- U.S. Army Field Band concert at Lou Rawls Center for the Performing Arts: Take a break from Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea and embrace the old school with big band, swing, Dixieland, and patriotic tunes.
- Champagne and popcorn at Vinos in the Grove: Because caviar is so '80s.