Happy Monday, Miamians. This week brings plenty of events, and the best part is they're all free.
- Jazz Jam at Churchill's: Get jazzy at Churchill's weekly jazz session.
- Tour at the Adrienne Arsht Center: Walk through the performing arts center, from lobbies to stages — including private meeting rooms and lounges not open to the public — during an hourlong tour.
- Design for Miami Launch at the Idea Center at Miami Dade College: Celebrate the launch of Design for Miami by attending a free discussion with Ariel Raz, learning experience designer at Stanford University's "d.school."
- Tech Trivia Night at Warsaw Coffee Company: Spend an all-tech evening playing trivia games with a chance to win a $100 cash prize.
- Story Slam at Olympia Theater: Prepare a five-minute story to present to an audience and judges, or forgo the stage and just sit back and listen.
In the Lobby Lounge at the Olympia Theater: Listen to jazz by the Roberto Rodriguez Trio and Young Titans beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Free Entry to the Institute of Contemporary Art: Spend the afternoon exploring ICA sans an admission cost.
- Free Burger at Pincho Factory: Celebrate Pincho Factory's fourth store opening this year and sixth location in Florida with a free burger at its new Pinecrest location (12519 S. Dixie Hwy., Pinecrest). The offer is valid from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Movies Under the Stars at Canvas Miami: Catch a free screening of Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, directed by Brett Morgan, at 7 p.m. RSVP is required.
- Little Havana Art Walk: Galleries are open until 11 p.m. between 12th and 17th Avenues on Calle Ocho.
- Free Admission to the Wolfsonian-FIU: From 6 to 9 p.m., the museum offers complimentary admission and tours of exhibitions.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.