Happy International Museum Day! It's the perfect opportunity to take your mind off racist Miami Beach cops and condescending New York Times articles. Though the Bass Museum of Art is closed today, there's plenty of art-filled options to brighten your day — plus some other free events you don't want to miss.
- Art Museum Day at the Wolfsonian: Get free admission and 10 percent off at the shop and café — plus free guided tours.
- "FP01 The Exhibition" at the Fashion Project: It's the last week to catch this curated display of fashion experimentation.
A League of Their Own at SoundScape: Because there's no crying in baseball!
- Marlon James at Books & Books: The author will present A Brief History of Seven Killings, a story diving into the turbulence of 1970s Kingston, Jamaica.
- Third Thursdays at PAMM: Get access to cocktails, bites, and an electro boogie performance by Miami favorite Psychic Mirrors. Free for Metromover riders!
Morrissey Birthday Celebration at Gramps: Toast to Moz and jam with Ordinary Boys — a Smiths and Morrissey tribute band from Florida.
- Haiti and the Reverberation of Freedom at HistoryMiami: Join this museum forum discussion with a panel of history scholars.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.