There's nothing like a holiday week. Three days of work, four days of leisure. Nothing but food comas, football, and family time to look forward to. Next time you hear from us, we'll have consumed potentially lethal quantities of stuffing and will undoubtedly be five (or ten) pounds heavier.
And since Black Friday is fast approaching, here's your guide to free stuff to do this week, so you can save your pennies for doorbuster madness.
See also: The Ten Best Places to Bike in Miami
- Free tour at Adrienne Arsht Center: Haven't you always wanted to know more about downtown's extravagant performing arts mecca? Then, next time you take a date there you can wow 'em with trivia.
- Eating Delancey: A Celebration of Jewish Food at Books & Books Coral Gables: Authors Aaron Rezny and Jordan Schaps will pique your palate with tales of the culinary delights of NYC's Delancey Street, from bagels to dill pickles to egg creams and everything in between.
- Finding Happiness: An Inspired Talk on the Science of Happiness, Ditching Depression and Living a More Joyful Life at the Bookstore in the Grove: Join writer Hannah Sentenac (me!) for a fun, interactive talk about her journey from depression and anxiety to a happier, healthier life. There will be prizes, so bring your A-game.
- 30-Year Jorge Blanco Retrospective at O. Ascanio Gallery: This Florida-based dude is an illustrator, sculptor and public artist, and you'll get a glimpse at his extensive repertoire, from children's books to watercolors to decorative design.
- Words & Wine Jam Session at TSL Lounge: Drummers, acoustic musicians, hoopers, dancers, jugglers and everyone else welcome for jams, deep conversations, and social lubricants
- Edil DeLeon's Insight Band at LILT Lounge: Feel super sophisticated listening to Latin/afro-Cuban jazz at this swanky spot.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Black Friday Balloon Drop at Southland Mall: Even if you don't wanna spend a lot of dough, you can brave the crowds for your chance at mall gift cards, movie passes, even Miami Heat tickets -- all of which will be dropped from the ceiling (in latex).
- Critical Mass at Government Center: Work off that Thanksgiving excess with several thousand of your closest friends.
Follow Hannah on Twitter @hannahgetshappy.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.