Three words to get your week going: Turn off Netflix. Don't try to pretend, we know your bleary eyes have been glued to season three of House of Cards. Thankfully, Miami couldn't make it any more entertaining, or cheap, to get you back to reality.
From performance and street art, to films and racy books, we've got a week's worth of free fun ahead.
- Dr. Seuss' Birthday at Miami Children's Museum: Celebrate your favorite books as a kid with rhymes, birthday cake, and live readings from Seuss' stories.
- Atomik, No Love at Viophilia Miami: This week is your last chance to catch the iconic street artist's solo show.
- A Taste of Summer Shorts at Olympia Theater: Celebrate City Theatre's 20th anniversary with a night of directed readings from six plays.
- CURTAIN at PAMM: Don't miss this Miami performance combining dance, scenography, and sculpture from choreographer Jonah Baker and artist Daniel Arsham.
- Petra Mason and Lady Bunny at Books & Books: Petra Mason and Lady Bunny will present their latest stimulating collection, Beefcake: 100% Raw, All Natural, a treasure trove of rare, all-American beefcake pinups.
Follow us on Facebook at Miami New Times Arts & Culture.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.