Happy Monday, Miami. This week brings plenty of events, and the best part is they're all free.
Yoga at Bayfront Park: At 6:15 p.m., downward-dog your way through a complimentary yoga class in the Southeast Financial Center Plaza.
- Miami Jazz Jam at Churchill's: Dance away the Monday blues at Churchill's weekly jazz jam.
Community Chats Featuring the Jupiter Circle at the Filling Station Lofts: Hosted by Gaby Guzman, this month's chat will feature guests Justin Wales and Sara Yousuf.
- Indian Creek Drive-In, Presented by the New Tropic at the Freehand Miami: Explore Miami's visual history thanks to footage from the Wolfson Archives. This week’s topic is “Ticket to Havana.”
Studio Crawl at ArtCenter: Roam the studio's building, talk with artists, and view current exhibitions from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Free Legal Advice at Various Locations: Thanks to the Dade County Bar Association, snag free legal advice by phone from 6 to 9 p.m. Call 305-371-2220.
First Thursdays at Pérez Art Museum Miami: From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., receive free admission.
- Leica Lounge at Leica Miami: The monthly lecture series features presentations by local photographers, editors, gallerists, and educators.
- Villagers’ Exhibit to Celebrate “50 Years of Saving Places” at Coral Gables Museum: During Coral Gables' evening art walk, the Villagers will host the premiere of the exhibit “The Villagers, Quilts, and 50 Years of Preservation.”
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.