There's no Monday better than the one that heads up a holiday week. Just four sweet days till we rock Fourth of July festivities that would make our forefathers proud. We bet Thomas Jefferson drank from red Solo cups, too.
And because it's a holiday week, there are tons of free events happening all over town, so you can save your bucks for recovery come next Monday.
- Coco Fusco at Cannonball: Take in some culture before you get wild for the fourth. The Cuban-American artist and writer will wax poetic about the challenges surrounding arts journalism and Latino/Latin American art.
- World Cup celebration at Aventura Mall: Get your futbol hysteria on and pick up some team colors. The mall is displaying authentic home jerseys and World Cup fashions -- plus offering cutout photo opps and World Cup themed makeovers.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Friday -- Fourth of July!
- Fireworks in Peacock Park: Before the pyrotechnic display, there's a hot dog eating contest, a picnic, art stuff and free ice cream. All-American fun!
- Fireworks at North Beach Bandshell: Ring in July 4th with toes in the sand and a drink in hand.
- America's Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park: A beer garden, lawn games, a kid's zone, live tunes, photo opps and all kinds of other stuff -- followerd by fireworks.
Send your story tips to Cultist at firstname.lastname@example.org.