Spring is in the air! Unfortunately, in Miami that means intense heat, the reemergence of mosquitos, and humidity that turns every day into a bad hair day.
Fret not, though; you can always stay within the safe walls of your air conditioned homes until evening, at which point you can run out to one of the many free events taking place throughout the city this week.
From a dancehall explosion to old-time swing, Miami has plenty to offer between trips to the beach.
- Dancehall Explosion: DJ Icue throws down hardcore bass at Purdy Lounge that'll make you forget all about the crappy week ahead of you.
- Photography by Women: The 6th Street Container boasts a medley of photographs by 43 local female artists in their latest exhibit.
- Old Tire Swingers: This Fresno band graces PAX with their old time bluegrass music.
- Brown Bag: The musical endeavor of Miami's Last Rights clothing company, The Rising, hits up Green Room in Fort Lauderdale with a slew of skilled MCs.
- Abbey Radar: Head back over to PAX for some rhythmic goodness - and a free CD featuring Abbey Radar and Dave Liebman.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Green Parrot Ukulele Association: It's that time again! The Miami Chapter welcomes uke enthusiasts to their meeting at Sweat Records.