Hello Monday, you persistent bastard. Week after week, we reject you, shame you, ridicule you. We make you feel entirely unwelcome. Yet you return again and again, without fail.
Despite the fact that we'd rather skip right ahead to Wednesday (at least), we can respect your tireless commitment to duty. So let's make the most of Monday (and all the other days of the week) with a full roster of free stuff to do.
- The Clown screening at New World Symphony Soundscape Park: This flick about a funny man who thinks he's not-so-funny anymore kicks off the 16th Annual Brazilian Film Festival. Coulrophobics need not apply.
- Meditation class at North Miami Public Library: Mondays are rough. Learn how to dull the roar of your unquiet mind, and unwind.
- Free yoga in Peacock Park: Sweat out start-of-the-week stress while the sun goes down.
- Skinny Tuesday run at Trinity Cathedral Miami: If yoga's not your bag, give your hammies a workout instead.
- Live tunes at Dolphin Mall: Spending the afternoon and evening in this shopper's paradise is one way to beat the heat.
Send your story tips to Cultist at email@example.com.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.