Don King once said "You don't get nothing from sleep but a dream." So stay up late this weekend and get up early. There's lots of merrymaking to get into.
- The 305 will be drowning in consumerism and aspiring fashionistas tonight. Check out our guide to Miami's Fashion's Night Out, and look for our review of the whole shopping she-bang on Monday morning.
- Also tonight, firefighters and police will try to bash each other's heads in at a fundraising fight called Heroes in Action. You rootin' for the ones that save you from a burning building or the ones that fine you for speeding?
- Showtime fans agree that Dexter Is Delicious. That's also the title of Jeff Lindsay's latest book in his serial killer series. Hear him read tonight at Books & Books in Coral Gables.
- Head to Tower Theatre for the Chilean Film Festival, which opens tonight with a screening of The Gift (El Regalo).
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Known for their electro-house sound and drunken antics -- like
punching fans in the face and stumbling across stages -- Crystal Castles
will perform tomorrow night at Grand Central.
- Throwing a
military-themed fetish party on 9/11 takes major chutzpah. Attend the
latest in the Fetish Factory's Alter Ego parties, the Fetish Apocalypse, at Sea Monster in Broward.
- Would you drive to West Palm to hear douchebag John Mayer? Yeah, us neither.
- Join the droves at the Second Saturday Art Walk in Wynwood.
- Fillmore Miami Beach hosts the International Ballet Festival Closing Gala on Sunday. Get a glimpse at pointe styles from NYC to Russia.
a 100 Miami arts organizations will descend on the Arsht Center for
Fall for the Arts, in preparation for the cultural deluge once temps start to dip.