Yes, that's right. Weekend's here. Time to drink so much you forget Monday is a mere 48 hours away. We kid! Put down the bottle and go out and get cultured.
- You won't see this too often: The freakin' rodeo is in town until Sunday.
over to the Homestead Championship Rodeo for a look at how the rest of the country spends their weekends.
- Fridays at the Vagabond are always a guaranteed good time, but tonight, think twice about skipping it, because Astari Nite will perform in support of its new EP, True Romance. The local band's New Wave, Brit-pop sound recently scored the group a place on Rock Band 2.
- How many Elvises is too many? Find out this Saturday at the Ultimate Elvis Tour, where four tribute artists perform as the attractive, young Elvis and not the scary, fat Elvis.
- Go see The Maid, or La Nana,
at the Tower Theater on Saturday and see what happens when you piss off
the help. The film was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at this
year's Golden Globes and Independent Spirit Awards. Plus, Tower movie
tickets cost only $6.
- Say goodbye to the Upper East Garden at their closing party this Saturday. Free Grolsch and illy coffee.
- We hear you
like adult toys. Ya know, the kind you display and don't play with.
This Sunday, marvel at the whimsical and well-made play things at the Miami Antique Toy Show. Look but don't touch!
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.