The SoBe Wine & Food Festival kicked off yesterday, but considering the high ticket prices and the fact that some events sold out last fall, we thought you might need a back-up plan for things to do this weekend. While everyone else is attending cooking demos and wine seminars, you could be laughing or cringing at The Golden Gays and Blasted, jamming at Marley Fest, and forgetting the hardships of Lent at Carnaval.
- Clocking in at only $85 a ticket, Friday's Mischieve in the Garden at the Sagamore Hotel is one of the cheaper parties at the SoBe Wine & Food Festival. Come get our Tequila on.
Sometimes indulging an urge is the only way to get rid of it. Exorcise your Golden Girls obsession by surrendering completely to the staged satire The Golden Gays.
- This weekend's 17th annual Marley Fest includes Bob Marley's talented sons Stephen and Damien, reggae veteran Jimmy Riley's son Tarrus, and Mr. Boombastic himself, Shaggy. Don't forget to bring cans of peas as part of the price of admission.
- Think you're down for just about anything? Test your limits with Brit Sarah Kane's Blasted, a theater production which one reviewer labeled a "disgusting feast of filth" but that also inspired Harold Pinter to call Kane a poet. You'll either love it or hate it.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Spend the day outside at Carnaval de Barranquilla's Battle of the Flowers parade. It'll be like mardi gras, without all those plastic beads.
- Is there anything more joyful than a Harlem Globetrotters game? Set the
mood by whistling your own version of their theme song "Sweet Georgia