William Shatner: Captain Kirk Fried By a Turkey (Video)
Shatner's career is on fire!
State Farm via YouTube
Damn it, I'm an actor, not a fryer!
The awesome William Shatner is still Captain Kirk and even Priceline commercials cannot alter his greatness.
In his most amazing role in decades, Shatner recreates the joy and dangers of turkey frying as a cautionary tale for State Farm insurance.
In this film, entitled Eat, Fry, Love, Shatner tells of the time when he nearly burned down his house after getting too cavalier with his turkey fryer.
Watch the awesomeness of Shatner in his greatest role of Bill, the Fry Guy after the jump.
Here's an example of an actual turkey fryer fire:
Like all tales of love, loss and redemption, Shatner gets burned, "I loved you, but you only brought me pain", he tells the fryer that broke his heart. "That fryer took so much from me -- mostly arm hair and skin".
The video also gives us some sage advice when it comes to frying a turkey:
1. Avoid oil spillover - don't overfill the pot.
2. Turn off flame when lowering the turkey into the oil.
3. Fry outside and away from the house.
4. Properly thaw the turkey.
5. Keep a grease fire approved extinguisher close.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- First-Ever Taste of Tennis: Miami Open Stars Get "Served"
- Vagabond's Sunday Brunch: Trout Lox, Alex Chang, and the Jersey Squirrel
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...