Weekly Wrapup: The Friday Hunger
But will you work for a job, wash for soap, cut hair for scissors, or just smoke for weed?
image via altemark's flickr
From the strip mall outposts of our suburban wastelands to the grimy corners in the heart of the city, our fast-food bread lines form their motorized queues and serve our doom 99 cents at a time. While our president shills for Five Guys, real mom-and-pops shut down for good, and master electricians push carts at Home Depot. Things are getting ugly, so a healthy breakfast is more important than ever -- watch what you eat. Here's what you might have missed last week.
- Fresh, tropical goodness, South Dade-style, in pictures.
- America, fuck yeah. Chef Fern talks 3,000 steak meals and working 5 a.m. to midnight.
- Plato Royal goes green, pits salad against salad in a battle for leaf supremacy.
- Wanna take Kitty to Bar Rosso? Here's your chance.
- Lee Klein breaks down Grove history, 'cause The Taurus is comin' back.
- Food Inc. would be better if...
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.